Let there be sun!!! The sunshine award that is.
Arlene over at Arl’s World nominated my little blog for the Sunshine Award. What is so cool about this award is that you get nominated by other bloggers that feel that your blog is “positive, inspiring and creative.” How cool is that! Obviously it’s not surprising that she was nominated. She has great recipes, photos and stories. Her photos are really good. It has inspired me to learn more about my camera. I have been trying to take more professional looking photos since perusing her site.
I love the idea of this award because I have been thinking so much lately about how we should all try to inspire each other in one way or another. It is great to be surrounded by people who help you become better.
A fun thing about this award is you have to answer 10 questions from the person who nominated you. Here are my questions from Arlene.
- What is your favorite comfort food? Anything wrapped in a flour tortilla… tacos, burritos, enchiladas and I am serious when I say anything. I’m not above cutting up fried hot dogs and throwing them in a tortilla with some rice or eggs. Please don’t judge 🙂
- What is your biggest Accomplishment? Learning what matters in life. I gave up a lucrative job, my house and suv so that I could stay home and raise my family.
- What is your biggest regret? I try to live my life without regrets but not finishing college has always bugged me.
- Tell me about what you consider your best attribute? I used to be pretty high-strung but these days I am pretty chill. I don’t let things get to me like I used to and I am a very level-headed person and I try to always see both sides of a situation. I did lose it on someone last week, that was totally out of character for me.
- Why do you blog? I started a blog as a creative outlet with the hopes of someday making a little extra income with it. I have enjoyed it 10x more than I could have ever imagined!
- What is your favorite animal? I love my chickens. They are so comical and easy to keep. They could have their own reality show.
- What is your most worn item in your closet? Any of my regular old plain colored t-shirts. I try to branch out and buy other things but I am a simple jeans and t-shirt girl. I can’t fight it anymore.
- What is your favorite breakfast food? I love a fried egg on an english muffin with Canadian bacon. The english muffin has to have butter on it. Mmmm, I haven’t had breakfast yet and that just made me hungry.
- If you could live anywhere in the world right now, where would it be? I would love to be living somewhere in a foothill setting on a few hundred acres. We’d be raising cattle and farming.
- If you could do anything over what would it be and how would you do it differently? I have someone in my family that since coming around a few years ago has always made passive aggressive comments and been just straight up rude. Throughout the past few years I have tried to let it all roll off my shoulders. Looking back on it now I should have been calling her out on her rudeness and maybe today it wouldn’t be as ugly of a situation.
Now it is my turn to nominate some blogs that have inspired me or that I find to be positive and creative. I won’t take offense if you choose to not participate, but I hope you do it is a lot of fun and you get to meet some other great bloggers!
- One Mom’s Thoughts– It’s a new blog about her thoughts and life. It’s very encouraging.
- Coffee Mugs and Sippy Cups– Also a new blog, but I love the writing, I have had to share them with some other friends that are stay at home moms.
- Pillows A-La-Mode– I love all the crafts and sewing projects
- The Practical Homestead– Lots of good information about living off the land
Of course there are some “rules”
- Include the Sunshine award icon in your post and/or on your blog
- Link to the blogger that nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and inform them of the award
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Here are 10 questions for my nominees to answer…
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
- Do your friends and family know about your blog?
- What is your routine for the first 30 minutes of your morning?
- What is your favorite part of the day?
- Who in your life inspires you?
- What is your favorite creative outlet?
- How do you stay positive in less than positive situations?
- If you had one piece of advice for your 18-year-old self what would it be?
Thank you so much for the nomination Arlene!!