I am a pretty simple girl, there’s no doubt about that. This dish is as simple as it gets. I grew up having beef tacos weekly so it’s not surprising that I cook beef tacos nearly every week as an adult. It’s one of the first things that I was taught to cook as a young girl.
Why I love these tacos…
- They are quick and easy to make!!
- They are delicious
- You can add practically any topping or spice to mix it up
- It’s a nice fresh tasting meal
- It’s a cheap!
What you need…
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4oz can chopped green chilies
- 2tb taco seasoning
- 1ts garlic powder
- lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, guac… any topping you feel like or have on hand
- Tortillas, corn or flour your choice
Cook your onions until they are transparent and then add your beef and begin to brown. At this point I add my spices and green chilies. Once your meat is browned you can drain it if you need to. Warm or fry your tortillas and assemble your yummy tacos! See, I told you super simple!
Last instruction… EAT…then go ahead and make yourself another one!
We also use the taco meat to make quesadillas for our little one who can’t handle a burrito yet. They are very tasty. Dip in some guacamole and you are set!