A fun way to connect with other bloggers is the Liebster Award. I don’t care how many times it comes back around to my site because its fun! Its fun because you get to know other bloggers a little better and you also get introduced to new blogs. Whats not to like about that? I was nominated last week by Four for Cheap. She has a fun blog that she uses to keep her and her family financially accountable and is tracking her debt free journey. She is new to this whole blogging world like myself. I love following blogs that write about their financial journey. I am a nerd I know! Thanks for the nomination. It means a lot to know that I am not writing these posts just for myself… other people read them every now and again. 🙂
Here are my questions from Four for Cheap.
1) what advice would you give a 18 year old who is headed out into the world? Listen to your dad! He told me when I was about 12 that I shouldn’t have a boyfriend until I finished college. I didn’t end up finishing college BUT had I listened I would have avoided dating my Mr. Wrong for 4 years!
2) what’s your biggest accomplishment? Realizing what is important in life instead of wasting away chasing that dollar.
3) what is your biggest regret? Not finishing college. It would have been so much easier to do before having kids.
4) what is your clearest memory from high school? I have a lot. I loved High School and had so much fun. But the one that came to mind first is one of my best girlfriends and I taking our moms cars down to the high school farm before we actually had our licenses to feed our FFA lambs. We thought we were hot shots!
5) what would you tell your grandma/granddad/relative who is no longer with us, if you had the chance? I’d tell my grandpa thanks for trying to be around to see me have kids and I have really missed you!
6) what would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off my close family and friends debts and then go on a massive vacation with them. I would then give some money to our local children’s hospital and our local women’s shelter.
7) a favorite comfort food? Its kind of weird but my go to food is anything wrapped in a tortilla. I just can’t resist the endless possibilities.
8) your dream job? I want to some day own my own business, I just don’t have the details… I just like being the boss 🙂
9) your favorite quality of your favorite person? My husband is so sweet and caring. More so then I am. Sometimes I wonder how he ended up with me.
10) what would you write on your headstone if you could? “Don’t be sad, she died happy and fulfilled”
Now its time for some rules!
If you are nominated for a Liebster award this is what you should do:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
My nomination’s are…
Arl’s World– I always enjoy seeing her pictures in my WordPress Reader
Bay Area Brandi– This is a blog I just came across a few days ago and instantly liked
Simple Crafty Life– She has some good tutorials and I can go through her blog and relate to almost every post
Money Seeker– I don’t think they’ll participate but its a blog that I follow and like, its makes me think a little deeper about my money habits.
Country Home and Hearth– I love her lifestyle and she has some pretty yummy recipes I have come across.
Now the fun part, your 10 questions!
- What is your favorite thing about blogging and why?
- What do you get out of blogging?
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging and why?
- What is one piece of advice you’d give your 18 year old self?
- What is your favorite memory from growing up?
- If you could give only one piece of advice to your children what would it be?
- Your guilty pleasure?
- What’s your favorite tv show and why?
- What do you crave sweet or salty treats?
- Tell me about what you consider to be your best attribute
Have fun and get to know your fellow bloggers!!!