One unexpected benefit of creating my own blog is that it has led me to find some other really fun and amazing blogs that I had no idea existed before. I love how supportive this little community is. One way they support each other is passing around the Liebster Award. It’s a great way to show other bloggers how much you enjoy their blog and maybe gain some new readers along the way.
I was lucky enough to be nominated by Budget Loving Military Wife she has a great blog that has given me lots of useful financial tips. She really has helped me save money! Thanks for the nomination!
And now for the ‘rules’…
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog. 2. Show off your award on your blog (in a post, widget, etc. like I did). 3. Answer 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you. 4. Create 10 questions of your own. (Don’t worry, you can use mine if you want). 5. Nominate 5-10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination. 6. And of course, tell them about it and provide a link back to your website so that they can know more about the award!
Here are my questions from Budget Loving Military Wife
1. What is your greatest fear? I dread the day my parents are no long young and vibrant. You see your parents as your role models and when they start to age and not be as sharp as they once were it is devastating.
2. What is your greatest dream or “purpose” in life? I want to be able to show my sons that life is great and you can have or do whatever you want as long as you stay positive and set goals.
3. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment? I think my greatest accomplishment has been that at an early age I was able to see what is really important in life. It’s not things you gain in life that are important, its memories and relationships you gain that really matter.
4. Do you have a must-see television show? If so, what is it? Parenthood… I LOVE IT!! But I cry every episode.
5. What is your favorite and least favorite part about having your own blog? I have really enjoyed interacting with other bloggers. It makes this outlet a lot more fun. My least favorite thing is that feeling of insecurity right before I hit publish. Its like the whole world can judge me if they want and that’s kind of nerve-racking.
6. Where is the best place you have traveled? Tennessee. My best friend and I had a blast! We did all the touristy things. Went to Elvis Presley’s house, visited the Grand ol’ Opry, went on a dinner boat cruise, saw Ryman auditorium… there was so much I could go on and on.
7. Favorite book? and why? Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach. I was about 20 when I read it and I was single, it gave me strength and the understanding that with or without a man I would be just fine financially.
8. If you won $1,000,000 but couldn’t spend a dime on yourself, how would you spend it? I would donate some to a local women’s shelter and donate some to our local children’s hospital and take the rest and pay off all my families debts and make sure they were set with houses and savings accounts.
9. What do you think is the greatest financial challenge facing Americans today (ex: low incomes, too much debt, poor financial management, lack of retirement savings, lack of any type of savings, etc.)? Personally I think part of our problem is our mindset. For years now everything is blamed on our government, blamed on the financial fallout in 2008, blamed on anything we can blame it on. I think we need to start thinking more positively and work towards making things happen for ourselves.
10. What has been your greatest financial “splurge” to date? May seem boring but it was my first “good” camera. It really made a difference in my picture taking. But as of a few weeks ago the flash went out. So now I need to figure out what I am going to do.
My nominations are…
Your questions are…
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- If you could do anything for a living and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do?
- What in life is holding you back from living your dreams?
- If you could take the vacation of a lifetime where would you go and why?
- Where is the best place you have traveled?
- What inspires you to blog?
- When you first started your blog what was the purpose of creating it?
- How has blogging enhanced your life?
- If you won a million bucks what would you do with it?