Well I decided to try to coupon again… I am very disappointed. I got a few good deals but as I was researching sales ads and printing coupons I felt good and was super confident!
Then I got to the store! Once again items I saw online in their sales ad weren’t in stock. Different store this time. Oh well, life goes on. My friend was telling me about a coupon party people are doing around here. It cost $20 to attend and they teach you how to coupon. Maybe it might be worth it. I’d love to hear from people who have done it before and get a better idea of what it’s about. I don’t want to just shell out $20 you know??
Ok so I went to CVS today and this is what I got…
I spent $22.95 not including tax. Here is my breakdown. The original non sale price is in parenthesis. Some of the items I purchased I received CVS bucks to use on my next transaction those are in bold and have an asterisk, which I immediately used as you will see.
- Crest Pro Health Mouthwash x2– ($5.49) Sale $3.99- $1 off coupon= $2.99 at register each *$6 cvs bucks earned total
- Dimetapp Kids Cough Syrup- ($7.79) Sale $4.99- $1 off coupon= $3.99 at register
- Robitussin Cough Syrup- ($8.29) Sale $4.99- $1 off coupon= $3.99 at register (*Bought 2 cold medicines so I earned $3 cvs bucks)
- Playtex Tampons- $8.99 *$3 cvs bucks earned
I earned $12 in cvs bucks so I immediately purchased a few more things
- Excerdrin- $4.99- $2 in coupons= $2.99
- Smoking Loon Chard (for valentines day of course!) on Sale for $6.99
- Gummy bears for the kiddos .88
I lost almost $2 in cvs bucks because I didn’t buy enough to use all $12… With 2 little boys not being very good I didn’t have time to think about just grabbing a few candy bars to get to the $12. Live and Learn!
On the plus side I only purchased things I needed and didn’t get sucked into buying other things just because I had a coupon.
I WILL keep trying to use coupons, maybe I will get better!